5/04/2006

FO Thursday

This is my first true sewing finished object! A cover for Blu's down comforter made from some Aphabet soup reproduction fabric that I simply couldn't resist.















Isn't the pattern fun?
















Here are a couple of my favorite letters:















I think they were searching for something for W.















And what the hell is Xebec?















You have to love the Valise, so classic!!















This one makes so little sense, I love it! It reminds me of Engrish.

So its not that impressive of a FO, just 3 seams sewn. Its basically a giant pillowcase, but boy did I have a time cutting this out! I have no idea why, it just seemed to not want to become a proper rectangle after I prewashed it, and I kept trimming and trimming, and the fabric kept getting smaller and smaller...luckily I stopped before it got too small to fit the cover. But I'm happy with it, and it will certainly be functional - as Blu has discovered the fun and joy of kicking off her coves.

1 comment:

HeatherJ said...

That fabric is so great. I just love kids fabric, there are so many great patterns out there it is hard to resist.