7/17/2006

Starting from zero

This week we are starting at the beginning, energy-wise. Instead of -1 or -2 that is. Usually Monday hits and I'm still trying to catch up on my sleep. Why the clean slate? Yesterday I was very fortunate to be able to sneak out of the house on my own for a couple of hours, to the spa. I came home in very relax noodle shape...like a soggy piece of spaghetti, but well, not that gross. I believe I have mentioned the Kabuki spa and communal baths that is near my house. How wonderful it is, how relaxing, euphoric....etc. It was exactly what I needed yesterday after a stressful week, and to top off the bath I went whole hog and got a massage. I think it seriously has changed my life. Never having had a massage before, I admit that in the past I have been a little dubious about how incredible it could possibly be when others have told me so. No more, I am completely converted. I'm now positive that I should have a massage at least once a month (well maybe once every 3 months...they're pricey) to get rid of all of the residual tension gathered from carrying around a heavy infant. My massuse -Chris, a very authentic Kiwi, pounded me back in to shape (it was a deep tissue massage, I really do mean pounded) and as a result I have had more energy today than I thought possible. Trying to convince Pete that he needs to go, I'm almost there - I think that it might appeal to him because its not a 'back rub'-type of massage.

Its a good thing that I'm all relaxed because Blu-chan has a cold, her first. The poor thing is coughing and sneezing and blowing snot bubbles everywhere. So is Peter (except for the snot bubble part). :-(

1 comment:

Phoebe said...

love the snot bubbles... Zee has a cold too and it's so hard to see babies miserable with very little you can do to make them better.

Glad you enjoyed the massage... Your FIRST?!? It sure won't be the last!