3/27/2007

back on track

Did i tell you that I sewed my first button hole? It was quite an accomplishment and I was extremely proud of myself. And the effort was all in overcoming the idea that it was tricker than it actually was, which of course it wasn't. My machine, I've discovered, does them brilliantly; and all one has to do is note the length of button to be holed beforehand, and press reverse a couple of times while sewing. Amazing. The newly made button hole, and its button live on a new bib for Blu to replace one of our worn velcro ones that she loves to pull off.
I'm sorry to admit that the sight of her struggling wildly to get it off and failing gives me no small amount of pleasure.

As I was on a roll during naptime, I also took a seam ripper to the Icarus shawl. I know that sounds bad, but trust me its ok....I finally got all of the reject mohair free...and very slowly picked up the live stitches and put them back on the needles. It was amazing that I didn't manage to lose any in the process, and after counting twice there were still 523 (it takes a very very long time to count this many :-). So the new correct yarn has been attached and Icarus is back on track! I'm halfway through edging row 4, so my fingers are crossed that I can finish the row and bind off without anymore problems!

No comments: